How to detect trial license expires while app running RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am developing a store app using C++, VS2013 and W8.1.

I'm using CurrentAppSimulator for testing and everything works fine except for the above scenario. 

I added ExpirationDate to the WindowsStoreProxy file and if I run app after expiration date, app correctly detects this.  But if the trial expires when app running, I expected event LicenseInformation::LicenseChanged to be called but it isn't.

Thank you

SAP

• Moved by Mattew Wu Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:28 AM
    Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:04 AM

Answers

• Hi SAP,

>But if the trial expires when app running, I expected event LicenseInformation::LicenseChanged to be called but it isn't.

According to the Remarks for the event LicenseChanged:

"LicenseChanged events aren't always immediate. If you’ve registered for the event, the event should fire within an hour; if not, it should occur within 6 hours. Generally, it's recommended to wait up to 6 hours when testing with CurrentApp, knowing that it will most likely take less time if the app has registered the event."

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 6:32 AM