none
Open a universal windows app(Javascript)

Question

• Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but i have no idea where to post this. so here is my problem:

I made a JavaScript app in visual studio(universal windows), the debugging gives me a window with my application in it. So now i want to open it without debugging it in visual studio, how do i do that? There are no .exe files in the directory my project is in. I have searched google, but it has no answers. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:14 PM

Answers

• I figured it out! this is what i had to do:

- Right-click your solution, click 'store' and click 'create app packages'

- in the window that pops up, click 'no' and then 'next', and then 'create'

- Go to the directory your application is in. Go to AppPackages, go to yourApp_1.0.1.0

- Right-click the 'yourApp'.ps1 and 'run with powershell' and go through the installer

- Now your app is installed on your PC and you can search for it in the startmenu

• Marked as answer by olaStein Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:05 PM

All replies

• Isn't it the fundamental of Java that it is an interpreted language and no exe are generated but .jar ou .class?

If you want .exe some tools exists like JavaExe....

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:27 PM
  • It's not java, it's 'javascript'
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:48 PM
  • I figured it out! this is what i had to do:

- Right-click your solution, click 'store' and click 'create app packages'

- in the window that pops up, click 'no' and then 'next', and then 'create'

- Go to the directory your application is in. Go to AppPackages, go to yourApp_1.0.1.0

- Right-click the 'yourApp'.ps1 and 'run with powershell' and go through the installer

- Now your app is installed on your PC and you can search for it in the startmenu

• Marked as answer by olaStein Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:05 PM