Compatibility Developer Preview - (Kapersky 2011)

Question

• Tried to install my Anti-virus while running the Windows Developer Preview and an error shows that it has compatibility issues and would not continue with installation. The program I was about to install was Kaspersky 2011. 
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:43 AM

All replies

• I have same problem, just my program's name: Avast. This is the shame problem with Skype, jut after the installation.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:49 AM
  • K. Krisztian ,

For the skype issue - are you attempting to used the lastest update?    Or are you running into this problem with that one?

BillFill - MSFT

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:40 PM
    Owner
  • Medroid - are you able to right click the install and choose compat mode for Win7?

BillFill - MSFT

Friday, September 16, 2011 7:55 PM
    Owner
  • You can try to run the compatiblity troubleshooter to install the drivers.

Since the manufacturers have not created drivers for Windows Developers Preview, I suggest you update to the most current Windows 7 driver.
    If that doesn't work, they try to install in compatibility mode.

For the driver/drivers you downloaded use the compatibility troubleshooter to install them to see if that resolves the problem.
    You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:21 AM