xamarin.mac missing @ version and templates RRS feed

• Question

• User287194 posted

Hi! the xamarin installer says i have xamarin.mac already installed, and in fact, cocoa apps compile and run, but if i go to help->version, xamarin.mac does not appear, neither mac templates appear on the new solution dialog i'm on stable and up to date with everything Any hints?

Thanks!

Monday, January 2, 2017 6:24 PM

Answers

• User35201 posted

In your Xamarin Studio -> Preferences -> Projects -> SDK Locations -> Apple do you have it pointing to a valid Xcode?

Have you launched that Xcode at least once to make sure everything is installed?

If fixing that locations (and restarting Xamarin Studio) doesn't fix thing, go find the latest IDE log via:

Help -> Open Log Directory

and post the latest IDE.log to a pastebin/gist service and link it here.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 12:30 PM

All replies

• User287194 posted

same on alpha :-(

Monday, January 2, 2017 6:40 PM
  • User35201 posted

In your Xamarin Studio -> Preferences -> Projects -> SDK Locations -> Apple do you have it pointing to a valid Xcode?

Have you launched that Xcode at least once to make sure everything is installed?

If fixing that locations (and restarting Xamarin Studio) doesn't fix thing, go find the latest IDE log via:

Help -> Open Log Directory

and post the latest IDE.log to a pastebin/gist service and link it here.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 12:30 PM
  • User287194 posted

Hi Chris and thanks for the answer! It is pointing to a working Xcode, so no luck with that

However, checking out the log you pointed to, i noticed i was using an older Xcode version Once updated, it seems to work without problems

Thanks for the hints! Cheers!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:23 PM