Email Sending issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a basic HTML file that uses javascript to do things in sharepoint. the file is housed in a web page viewer. 

I had a function in that file that would send an email to the user upon completing something but it only works for some people and not others. All the users have a valid email address in office 365 and the people where it fails does not seem to be based on any credentials. We could have a visitor get the email while a collection admin can't.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Zenuke,

For this issue, I recommend to verify the things below:

1. Check if the emails are junked in the users’ mailbox.
    2. Add the users without issue as site collection admin, and then test to see if the email can be sent to the users.
    3. To narrow down the issue scope, please send an normal email to the users with issue to see they can receive emails.

As the issue is related with office 365, you can post your question to the forum for Office 365: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx.

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to SharePoint Online.

Thanks,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

Can you try to send email from your mailbox/outlook to user those are not getting mails from SharePoint and check if they are getting email from your mail server? 

Also in o365, it necessary to have o365 mailbox configured against email address so make sure that all email address have valid mailbox configured.

Did you find this Helpful? Please Mark it So! Thank you. Sachin Kumar

Friday, November 6, 2015 1:18 PM