none
Bug? GraphicsWindow.GetPixel() with Silverlight RRS feed

Answers

• Silverlight definitely has problems running small basic programs.  I have one major program that I am writing in small basic, that silver light has real problems running.  The interesting thing is that when I started to write this program as a silver light control, I found that it is really quite easy leading me to suggest that perhaaps a conversion wizard from sb to silverlight might be the way to go!
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:37 AM

All replies

• Just to confirm I see the same problems as Nonki reported.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:14 PM
  • Silverlight definitely has problems running small basic programs.  I have one major program that I am writing in small basic, that silver light has real problems running.  The interesting thing is that when I started to write this program as a silver light control, I found that it is really quite easy leading me to suggest that perhaaps a conversion wizard from sb to silverlight might be the way to go!
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:37 AM
  • Robert,

Thank you for your idea.  If so, I believe that this kind of feedback will help Microsoft to develop the wizard. 
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:00 PM
  • Now that I have a lot more experience converting SmallBasic to Silverlight, I have to say that the SmallBasic to Visual Basic "Graduating" takes you very close in the conversion process.

Silverlight allows you to code using Visual basic, but it want to use XML to setup your graphicsWindow and to code animation.  In perfect hind site the trick is to code your SmallBasic Program as three  major subroutines: Code, graphics, and animation.  The code chunk of your program will convert almost entirely.  The graphics subroutine You will have to manually convert but because it is in one chunk it is very easy once you figure out XML notation.  (There are excellent examlples online)  The animation Subroutine is again a manual  conversion process but this again goes easily.  It also allows you many more options you will probably want to take advantage of!

Bob

Saturday, July 31, 2010 2:10 AM