God Mode in Windows Developer Preview

Question

• In W7 I have a 'God Mode' which at least gives me an easy reference to adjustments that can be made within Windows. Is there a similar thing which will tell me all the adjustments that can be made within the Metro environment.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

• If you go to Control Panel, scroll to More Settings and click on Ease of Access Center, you can enable Magnifier. This will allow the Metro Apps and other components to be larger. However, this may not be what you have in mind. You can also go to Screen Resolution and change the settings to 150% to be larger.

Other than sizing the tiles of the Metro Apps, I have not been able to find a way in Windows Developer Preview to make the Metro settings larger.
    Usually you can use the scroll wheel of the mouse to increase the size of the settings. I haven't been able to get this to work in Widows Developer Preview other than in Internet Explorer desktop.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:12 PM

All replies

• The God Mode still exists in Windows Developer Preview. However, I didn't see any mentions of Metro Apps.

Some categories have additional entries or items may have been removed.
    Backup and Restore has changed and Restore Windows 7 Backup has been added.
    File History has been added.
    Get Started has been removed.
    Language has been separated from Region and Language.
    Parental Controls has been added.
    Taskbar was changed and Removed Start Menu items.

You would use the same Create new folder, then rename it to "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}".
    You can change the name God mode but you must keep the ".{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}".

You will see the folder icon change to a Control Panel icon.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Thanks Marilyn, as you say, there is nothing regarding adjusting parameters in the Metro UI. In fact it is devoid of any choices at all.

As an example, I can change the text size in control panel (I use 125%) and this works well throughout the desktop but not in the Metro UI. It also works in IE except for the content which is controlled by it's own tool. If this is set to 125% it will stay there provided IE is not launched in Metro. If this happens the text size reverts to 100% (default). So there is no way to change text size in Metro?

BTW reducing the screen resolution is not a practical solution.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:03 PM
  • If you go to Control Panel, scroll to More Settings and click on Ease of Access Center, you can enable Magnifier. This will allow the Metro Apps and other components to be larger. However, this may not be what you have in mind. You can also go to Screen Resolution and change the settings to 150% to be larger.

Other than sizing the tiles of the Metro Apps, I have not been able to find a way in Windows Developer Preview to make the Metro settings larger.
    Usually you can use the scroll wheel of the mouse to increase the size of the settings. I haven't been able to get this to work in Widows Developer Preview other than in Internet Explorer desktop.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:12 PM