bold unique days in AJAX calendar, not all, only dates with records available RRS feed

• Question

• User-359936451 posted

I am looking for some help on changing the cell color, or even just bolding, the numerical day on an Ajax calendar extender. I have found the CSS styling and it only allows for all days or the current day.

I have an array of records that will report information on certain days of a month. I would like for the days when data is available to be bolded. I can do this easily with just the VB calendar, but with Ajax,I jsut can't seem to figure this out. I need ajax to fire on the change event for the textbox for other reasons.

I am hoping someone has some sample code that will get me close. I am coding in VB bur can convert C#. Much of the calendar getting populated is in java, I am now research jQuery to try and find a solultion.

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:57 AM

All replies

• Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:51 PM
  • User-933407369 posted

hi march11,

You can try to use CSS to style the "today" element:

.ajax__calendar_today { font-weight: bold; }

Full details of the CSS classes available are on the Samples Site.

When you need to fire on the change event for the textbox for other reasons, you change '.ajax__calendar_today{...}' style in your javascript event.

Of course, if it is possible to use the DayPilot component, i would suggest you use it. Clike here.

i hope it helps you.

Monday, October 14, 2013 1:35 AM
  • User-359936451 posted

Hello Happy Chen,

Thank you for the reply but I don't believe any of the suggestions apply to the issue. I can't find a way to use this when AJAX calendar extender is in use. Is there some way to do that?

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:19 AM
  • User2117486576 posted

The jQueryUI datePicker has a property: beforeShowDay where you can assign a function that will do what you want.  I do not know of any similar feature of the ACT calendar:

http://api.jqueryui.com/datepicker/

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:49 AM
  • User-359936451 posted

chetan.sarod

Thank you for the reply but all of the links refer to formattuing the currect daym this is a well documented procedure in CSS and in AJAX.

I am looking to modify specific dates on an AJAX calendar based on other events.

thank you

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:55 AM