Assertion failed

Question

• When I am running a C -sharp project ( which gets successfully built) , I get the following error:

Assertion failed!

Program:...

File: b:\matlab\foundation_libraries\src\...\alignment.cpp

Line:323

Expression: The pointer passed to 'vector_check' is invalid and does not appear to have come from any of the following routines:

vector_malloc,vector_calloc,vector_reallloc

mxMalloc*,mxCalloc*,mxRealloc*

This suggests on of the following happened...

for information on how your program can cause an assertion failure; see the visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press retry to debug the application- JIT must be enabled)

Could anybody explain it what this about and  suggest me the solution to get over the issue?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sujit

Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sujit,

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss the VS database.

File: b:\matlab\foundation_libraries\src\...\alignment.cpp

Line: 323

Expression: The pointer passed to 'vector_check' is invalid and does not appear to have come from any of the following routines:

Based on the error message, it seems that it will be related to the pointer of your code in your VC++ project. Not the real VC++ expert, but you could post this issue to the specific VC++ development forum for better support like this thread.

In addition, if possible, you could post the main code of your project/share a simple sample in your new thread, I think it will be helpful for the VC++ expert to troubleshoot/resolve this issue.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:28 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you.  I think that I have found the origin of the trouble at this link: 

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/5495

Regards,

Sujit

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:38 PM