none
WebOptions.TargetBrowser Property (PowerPoint) RRS feed

• Question

• Looking to develop an Add-In that converts a powerpoint presentation into html and SCORM wrap the same. I noticed the "WebOptions.TargetBrowser" property of "ActivePresentation" only goes up to IE6 as browsers that can support. I need to address newer IE browsers (IE11). Is there an alternative to this property that I can use to target the latest browser?
    Friday, October 2, 2015 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi JohnMcabrera,

Base on my understanding, the web options that stand for IE 6 should corresponding for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later like figure below:

Sine there are is no option for the IE 11 and if you want to insert the specific HTML code to make it display correctly for the specific version of browser like the code you mentioned above, we can use the class under System.Xml Namespace.

The following example adds a new node to the XML document.

using System;
    using System.IO;
    using System.Xml;

public class Sample {

public static void Main() {

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
        doc.LoadXml("<book genre='novel' ISBN='1-861001-57-5'>" +
                    "<title>Pride And Prejudice</title>" +
                    "</book>");

XmlNode root = doc.DocumentElement;

//Create a new node.
        XmlElement elem = doc.CreateElement("price");
        elem.InnerText="19.95";

//Add the node to the document.
        root.AppendChild(elem);

Console.WriteLine("Display the modified XML...");
        doc.Save(Console.Out);

}
    }

You can get more detail about it from link below:
    XmlNode.AppendChild

If you have any problem with developing with XML, you can reopen a new thread in XML, System.Xml, MSXML and XmlLite forum.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi JohnMcabrera,

Thanks for the feedback about this issue. As far as I know, this feature is available in Office 2010 and it is no long available in Office 2013.

If you want to share the presentation to others, as a workaround, I suggest that you use OneDriveto instead of export it with HTML.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, October 5, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Thanks for your suggestion Fei; however, I am packaging powerpoint generated training to be launched from a Learning Management System which handles scorm wrapped modules. I need to programmatically convert these powerpoints into a web format that I can then scorm wrap for delivery via an LMS. I know there are various third party applications that can accomplish this task, however they usually convert the presentation into flash movies which made it a little tricky with the LMS I am working with. I also prefer the interface generated by the ActivePresentation.Publish method. About the only work around I found so far is to insert the following metatag to the html generated by .Publish: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7">. I was hoping for a cleaner programmatically conversion.
    Monday, October 5, 2015 1:17 PM
  • Hi JohnMcabrera,

Base on my understanding, the web options that stand for IE 6 should corresponding for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later like figure below:

Sine there are is no option for the IE 11 and if you want to insert the specific HTML code to make it display correctly for the specific version of browser like the code you mentioned above, we can use the class under System.Xml Namespace.

The following example adds a new node to the XML document.

using System;
    using System.IO;
    using System.Xml;

public class Sample {

public static void Main() {

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
        doc.LoadXml("<book genre='novel' ISBN='1-861001-57-5'>" +
                    "<title>Pride And Prejudice</title>" +
                    "</book>");

XmlNode root = doc.DocumentElement;

//Create a new node.
        XmlElement elem = doc.CreateElement("price");
        elem.InnerText="19.95";

//Add the node to the document.
        root.AppendChild(elem);

Console.WriteLine("Display the modified XML...");
        doc.Save(Console.Out);

}
    }

You can get more detail about it from link below:
    XmlNode.AppendChild

If you have any problem with developing with XML, you can reopen a new thread in XML, System.Xml, MSXML and XmlLite forum.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:39 AM