problem in completePrintCapabilities() in JavaScript constraints

Question

• I was trying to write my own completePrintCapabilities() routine in JavaScript constraints. The first experiment is to add a comment node and a "psk:PageScalingScale" ParameterDef node to print capabilities. But it seems the ParameterDef node I added simply get disappeared.

I use VS11 beta to debug it: before function completePrintCapabilities() is returned, the printCapabilities.XmlNode.xml looks fine in the Watch window. After that and using a utility program to dump print capabilities, the comment node is there, but the psk:PageScalingScale node is gone. Also it looks some exception occurred after returning from completePrintCapabilities(), which caused the printer extension not launched properly and fall back to standard desktop GUI.

Did I miss anything? Thanks in advance.

spider

Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Edward,

Its tough to say what the problem is. I'd recommend that you investigate the exception that's occurring in GetPrintCapabilities. It should give you more information on what's happening. Using AppVerifier on your test application may also identify problems with the PrintCapabilities document you generated.

Thanks

Justin

• Marked as answer by edward ho Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:42 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:47 PM