How to create a NEWS SECTION in Expression Web 4? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm pretty new to Expression Web. I want to know how to create a custom news section in my website. I'm looking for a valid solution on the web, but I still can't figure out how to create a custom news page, like a blog.

I hope you can help me, thank you! 

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:28 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by "custom news section"? That's not a real name of a thing (it's just what you call it). Explain EXACTLY what you want it to do. And a blog is totally different.

And just to be clear--EW4 is a website DESIGN program, like Dreamweaver. It doesn't do any backside coding or have function to build interactivity (except some basic ASP.NET functions). Likewise, neither program is a photo editor or video editor even though your site can contain photos and videos.

If you want a blog, you can make one using another program and put it in your site and style it with EW4.

But we don't know what exactly you are asking about. Let us know.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks "Why the long face?" "Because I was born into servitude and when I die my hooves will be used to make glue." It was at this point that the bartender realized he would not be getting a tip.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:41 PM
  • I'm sorry, I'm Italian so my English is not very good. 

By the way, I mean a page where I can post news, like this for example http://marina-news.net/ where there is a link that opens the complete post. I want to create a news section in EW or DW (I'm testing both programs). Have you understood what I mean?

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:01 PM
  • The page you linked to simply has images that link to other pages with the details. There is nothing special about that: Create your news pages, and link to them on your main news page, either by a linked text or a linked image.
    • Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:02 AM
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:02 AM
  • Don't apologize for your English. It's great. I had no sense that you weren't a native English speaker.

The page you linked to is very much simpler than I thought you were trying to do. As Kathy said, it's pretty basic stuff--just like lots of other sites do. Linking from an image is easy.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks "Why the long face?" "Because I was born into servitude and when I die my hooves will be used to make glue." It was at this point that the bartender realized he would not be getting a tip.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:53 AM
  • I see. Thank you so much!
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:51 AM
  • Bill (and Kathy),

I'm sure the OP can replicate the example site given with minimal work per your advice, but just wanted to point out that the example site DanceInTheDark gave was created in the Joomla CMS; the theme used is YooTheme "Moreno".

(If you view source, see the "generator" tag indicating Joomla).

The Joomla theme used in the example site is here:

Not sure the OP will find this, now they have your responses.

If the OP wanted a blog, the Wordpress solution above may present the best bet - but that means not developing content in EW but in Wordpress itself.

Sorry if this is construed as off topic.

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)

Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:31 AM
  • That reply was fast! :-)

Anyway the template doesn't look exactly like the sample you gave, but it's close - all the images there are probably modules placed in the pages created in Joomla (and similar method in Wordpress).

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)

Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:35 AM
  • And if the OP decides to use a product such as Joomla or Wordpress, none of the work of creating the site would be done in Expression Web (they could do some tweaking of the design in EW4, but all the content creation would be done in Joomla's and WordPress' interface).

Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:47 PM