Problem to delete storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, How to remove storage? When I try to remove I got error Failed to delete storage account 'portalvhds1rvjmn4cgk9vc'. Error: Unable to delete storage account 'portalvhds1rvjmn4cgk9vc': 'Storage account portalvhds1rvjmn4cgk9vc has some active image(s) and/or disk(s), e.g. sp2007. Ensure these image(s) and/or disk(s) are removed before deleting this storage account.'. But I have not found any images call sp2007. All leased data were deleted but storage is still blocked

Sergey A Belskiy - MS SharePoint Consultant, MCP, MCTS, MCPD || My blog || My Twitter || My Facebook

Sunday, November 5, 2017 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have deleted all images that have protected removing azure storage only for scenario below:

deleting the disks can be done via the previous version of the portal manage.windowsazure.com Virtual Machines -> Disks.

Then I have removed azure storage.

Thanks, everyone to support.

Sergey A Belskiy - MS SharePoint Consultant, MCP, MCTS, MCPD || My blog || My Twitter || My Facebook

Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:30 PM

All replies

• Follow the below steps and let us know the status:

Login to the new Portal (http://portal.azure.com/)and navigate to the following sections:

1. Click on “All Services” and search for “Disks”.

2. If you find any disks associated with the Storage account, please proceed with deleting it.

WARNING:

It's not possible to restore a deleted storage account, nor retrieve any of the content it contained before deletion. Be sure to back up anything you want to save before you delete the account. This also holds true for any resources in the account - once you delete a blob, table, queue, or file, it is permanently deleted.

3. Repeat the same with the “Images” too.

4. Post deleting the associated resources, please navigate to Storage accounts and delete the storage account

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Sunday, November 5, 2017 7:17 PM
  • Hi. The problem is I have not seen any disks or images that associated with this storage, there is a problem :) 

Monday, November 6, 2017 7:33 AM
  • Better to use https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/features/storage-explorer/ to check if there are any left references.

This provides better options than the portal to delete disks. If you can't find any images through it, try the azure-cli tool. it is very effective tool.

sometimes this happens in azure, especially if you have previously terminated an azcopy process of that disk/image. I have experienced it a couple of times.

lakpj

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:41 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sergii BielskyiMVP Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:19 PM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 9:25 AM
  • When I open this tool (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/features/storage-explorer/ ), I don't see any references.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:22 PM
  • If you haven’t tried, try to list and delete  the Azure Storage blobs/VHDs/Images through PowerShell.

To list the storage containers: Get-AzureStorageContainer

To list blobs in a container: Get-AzureStorageBlob

To remove blobs in a container: Remove-AzureStorageBlob

If it also doesn’t help I recommend you create a technical support ticket. The ticket enables you to work closely with the support engineers and get a quick resolution to your issue.

Here is the   http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/ to create support case.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Edited by vikranth s Wednesday, November 8, 2017 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

I have deleted all images that have protected removing azure storage only for scenario below:

deleting the disks can be done via the previous version of the portal manage.windowsazure.com Virtual Machines -> Disks.

Then I have removed azure storage.

Thanks, everyone to support.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:30 PM