Error in Binding Elements RRS feed

• Question

• hi friends, I am creating a peer to peer application in which I am creating a Service Host and then a channel in the same application but when I open the channel I get the following error :

Binding settings conflict with an existing instance that is using the mesh name.Please check value of the property port.

Please guide me how to resolve the error.

Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Abhas,

To get an idea of how to create ServiceHost/Channel in the same application please take a look at this simple Peer channel sample: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms751426.aspx 

See if that helps in determining how to go about it. If not, please feel free to share out your code and I can take a look..

Thanks,

Shalini.

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhas,

To get an idea of how to create ServiceHost/Channel in the same application please take a look at this simple Peer channel sample: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms751426.aspx 

See if that helps in determining how to go about it. If not, please feel free to share out your code and I can take a look..

Thanks,

Shalini.

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:18 AM

• hi shalini, thanks for your spending the time in understanding my issue and sending me appropriate links so I can solve it. While shalini, the issue is been resolved by studying your link. What I did is that I first created the Service Host to host the peer channel in the initialize function of the window and after that I ran a thread in which I created the peer channel. While creating Service Host and Peer channel in two seperate threads solved my issue.

Shalini, I need some more help from you. I am working as a trainee on a videoconferencing project built in WinFX technology. I am looking for some good company which works in this technology. Do you know such companies. I have constructed project in ASP.net in my collage days and I possess good knowledge regarding .NET technology. I am working in Gujarat state located in India and curious about this technology by working in some good company. Do you know about such companies as this technology is just launched recently and there are not many companies who have adopted this technology. Waiting for your reply....

Thanks,

Abhas

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:46 PM
  • Hi Abhas,

Glad I could help out. As regards your follow up question on companies using our technology, please check out http://blogs.msdn.com/p2p.

Thank you.

-Shalini.
    Monday, March 26, 2007 10:34 PM

• hi shalini, thanks for giving me the link and help me to carry my search forward. I was not able to find such companies which are working in WinFX 3.0 technology. I also searched in sites offering jobs but was unsuccessful. Do you know such companies working or some other site information where I can get the list of companies working in technologies released by microsoft till now. 

I will be thankful to you if you help me out. Waiting for your reply...

Thanks,

Abhas.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:12 AM