none
Using the Office.Interop assembly name space in VS 2015 community RRS feed

• Question

• In connection with subject line , my question is

1) if interop assemblies can be used in community edition of VS?

2) if yes , I understand that for that I need to install PIA , I did it by insalling PIAredist.exe from the URL of a MIcrosoft Domain

I have installed it but .. from the project menu I selected add reference and then under com section of the page I found Microsoft Office 14.0 object Library , I checked it. I only able  to find Microsoft.Office.Core .. no interop namespace 

I would appreciate any help 

Shubhadeep Sarkar

Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Shubhadeep,

>> if interop assemblies can be used in community edition of VS?
    Yes, it is.

>> from the project menu I selected add reference and then under com section of the page I found

Microsoft Office 14.0 object Library , I checked it. I only able  to find Microsoft.Office.Core .. no interop namespace

From Com tab, you could add Microsoft Office 14.0 object Library and you will find Microsoft.Office.Core. If you want Office.interop, you could change to Assemblies tab, and add your reference you want like Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:38 AM
  • Hi Shubhadeep,

>> But  I am unable to find Ms.Office.Core in the COM Page

It seems you misunderstood my suggestion. There is no Office.Core in Com pag, if you want to reference Office.Core, you could select “Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Library”, and then you could use Microsoft.Office.Core in your code.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 22, 2016 5:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Shubhadeep,

>> if interop assemblies can be used in community edition of VS?
    Yes, it is.

>> from the project menu I selected add reference and then under com section of the page I found

Microsoft Office 14.0 object Library , I checked it. I only able  to find Microsoft.Office.Core .. no interop namespace

From Com tab, you could add Microsoft Office 14.0 object Library and you will find Microsoft.Office.Core. If you want Office.interop, you could change to Assemblies tab, and add your reference you want like Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.

Best Regards,

Edward

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:38 AM
  • Thanx Edward for reply

But  I am unable to find Ms.Office.Core in the COM Page

Friday, February 19, 2016 5:40 PM
  • Hi Shubhadeep,

>> But  I am unable to find Ms.Office.Core in the COM Page

It seems you misunderstood my suggestion. There is no Office.Core in Com pag, if you want to reference Office.Core, you could select “Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Library”, and then you could use Microsoft.Office.Core in your code.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, February 22, 2016 5:40 AM