Best Supported Responsive Website Development RRS feed

• Question

• Sup yall,

Recently I started developing a website with the new MVC 5 platform within Visual Studio 2013 Express for Web. Only to find out that we're going to run Windows Server 2008 R2 and probably MSSQL Express. Also probably not the most recent .Net Framework (I believe it's 4.5.1) or IIS (7.5 ok I suppose but not 8).

I would like to know what is the safest, most reliable technology to use on this type of server for creating fully fledged responsive websites. It does not necessarily have to be MVC...

If this makes sense, any advise would be appreciated. Even if I posted this in wrong place, advice as to where it would be suited better will also help.

• Moved by DuncanP Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:23 AM
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Friday, November 29, 2013 2:59 AM MVC related
    Friday, November 22, 2013 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because you are developping ASP.NET MVC website, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, December 6, 2013 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:27 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 2:58 AM

All replies

• Nevermind, I'm going to have to use webforms anyway...
    • Proposed as answer by DuncanP Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:23 AM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 12:18 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because you are developping ASP.NET MVC website, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, December 6, 2013 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:27 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 2:58 AM