Windows Mobile SDK 6 won't install with VS 2008 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install the windows mobile 6 sdk on my vista sp1 machine with VS 2008. I have not installed any VS products or sdks on this machine until now. When the install box gets to the prereq's it says that VS 2005 or later is not installed yet it lists it as being installed when it list's the prereq's individually. I have tried reg cleaners and uninstalling and re -installing VS 2008 with and without SP1 with the same fully retarded result. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:31 AM Mobile issue (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

Please check your VS2008 version, only VS2008 professional or later version support to develop Windows Mobile project.  VS2008 standard and express version don't support WM develop.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:34 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

I am moving this thread from Base "Visual Studio Setup and Installation" forum to the "Windows Mobile Development" forum, since the issue is related to mobile. There are more mobile experts in the "Windows Mobile Development" forum.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:30 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Please check your VS2008 version, only VS2008 professional or later version support to develop Windows Mobile project.  VS2008 standard and express version don't support WM develop.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:34 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:36 AM