none
Passes configuration verifier except USB Controller RRS feed

• Question

• I went to a Hackathon in Denver at the MS Sales office. I won a kinect v2 with my work, YAY!!! I install the SDK, get visual studio and .net up to date, The kinect doesn't want to work on my USB 3.0 port. So I get windows 8.1 up to date, update all my drivers, and then when i plug the kinect in, somthing called Microsoft NuI Sensor Adaptor installs itself onto my machine. Next I try to do any of the demo's we did this weekend and nothing works. The light never comes on.

Yes cables are all appropriately plugged in, yes pc has been reset several times. 

The usb 3.0 is called fresco logic xHCI USB3 cotroller. The light says i have a connection, but the power light never comes on.

Is there a work around for this? would like to keep trying to develop for it, but with these kinds of compatibility issues I can't say that I'm drawn to it. What's the point in developing something for a platform with so many inherent issues?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qboyj6d2aat5saf/Screenshot%202015-04-27%2000.37.06.png?dl=0

• Edited by nanthil Monday, April 27, 2015 6:44 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi nanthil,

I think the official explanation is, that there is a difference in the interpretation of the USB  3.0 standard. How much data it should transfer and how much power it should supply. 

Hardware manufacturers may have done a lousy job meeting all the requirements. There where no devices up until now that really required all the specs. It is the same with the external Intel Realsense camera. It required me to install a USB 3.0 PCI extension card on a brand new Motherboard.

Best,

Markus

Monday, April 27, 2015 8:24 AM