none
Call Python Function from MS Access RRS feed

• Question

• So i am working on an application with a SQL Server backend and a MS Access front end.  The tables in access are linked to tables in SQL Server.  The application tracks the outcome of company projects around the country. 

So that i can use the functionality of Matplotlib, Pandas, and GeoPandas, I am looking for a way to call a function built in Python from an Access application.  Has anyone seen such a design?  If so, would you point me in the right direction, please?  I have come up empty on searches so far

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:37 AM

Answers

• Well the easy way would be to call the Python programs via cmd and somewhat either manipulate the data or output something e.g XML and use that to work further with Access.

From 1st look the question is how big is your Access and what kind of complexity it holds....if its in the "junior" league probably (just probably) it would be better to move to Python all alone...use a 3rd party framework like tkinter for GUI and migrate your application completely to Python.

If your application is on the "major" league ...now this would be an interesting case...it depends on the functionality of your Access and the functionality you want/expect from Python...if you give some more information probably you will get some more "precise" answers

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:23 AM