none
Changing the registry is not reflected immediately RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an Excel workbook open and say, I have 1,1 € in A1.

I open the Regional and Language settings in the control panel and change the currency setting to € 1,1.

This changes immediately the display in Excel.

When I change the registry HKCU Control Panel\International iCurrency from 3 to 0, it does not change the display in Excel, A1 is still displayed as 1,1 €

although I see now a 0 for iCurrency. How can I force Excel to apply the new settings from the registry without closing and reopening Excel.

I am using the following code to change the registry:

Dim myWS As Object
       ''' it changes the registry but format is not updated
        Set myWS = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
        myWS.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\iCurrency", 0, "REG_SZ"

How can I force Excel to use the new settings?

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Visual Basic for Applications

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by George123345 Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by JP Ronse Sunday, June 1, 2014 2:43 PM
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Visual Basic for Applications

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by George123345 Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by JP Ronse Sunday, June 1, 2014 2:43 PM
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:23 AM
  • Hi George,

I've got a answer on this forum. Thanks.

Sunday, June 1, 2014 2:43 PM