How to save emails when using Contact Selector and UserProfileService RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Thomas, please explain this part:

"The only issue I am having is that when the form is opened again and saved, the emails are being converted to Domain/Username"

The Contact Selector only knows domain/username, and this value can be used to send emails in your workflow.  You don't actually need the email address unless you're using those for something else.  It's the UserProfileService that converts each account name into an email address, and that has to be triggered as a query.  If the values in your concatenated email field are changing, then 1) there is an action triggering that field to be re-populated, and 2) the account name values are not being converted using the User Profile Service.  The logic in your form drives both of these.

Please update your thread title, because "Contact Selector" doesn't say anything about your problem.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:04 PM
  • I have a text box that is running some actions to store the emails from the users selected in the Control Selector. When the form is submitted and opened again the text box doesn't show the email address instead it is showing the Domain/Username. I need the emails because I am using those values to send emails to the selected parties.

I have a text box that is using the following rules.

Set a field's value: AccountName = substring-before(., "|")

Query using a data connection : GetUserProfileByName

Set a fields value: = concat(substring-after(., "|"), ";", xdXDocument:GetDOM("GetUserProfileByName")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/s0:GetUserProfileByNameResponse/s0:GetUserProfileByNameResult/s0:PropertyData/s0:Values/s0:ValueData/s0:Value[../../../s0:Name = "WorkEmail"])

The text box is also defaulting to the following value

xdMath:Eval(xdMath:Eval(../my:ControlSelector/my:Person, 'concat(my:AccountId, "|")'), "..")

Thomas Chovanec
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Then it's the default value that is changing it to AccountId, and the rule is not firing, or so it seems.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Thank you. That was it.
    Thomas Chovanec
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:24 PM