New Project Won't Start: Stack walks are not supported on this platform. RRS feed

• Question

• User211621 posted

I created a new Xamarin Forms project, for Android, and immediately when starting it I get: Stack walks are not supported on this platform.

Got the latest packages off nuget, still the same thing.

Any ideas?

Using Visual Studio for Mac Preview 6 (7.0 build 2740) on Mac OS

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:56 AM

All replies

• User65168 posted

I'm having same issue. Did you solve it?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:38 PM
  • User211621 posted

I swapped over to Xamarin Studio and that seems to work, for now.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:36 AM
  • User17376 posted

I noticed this too and logged it on bugzilla.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=55087

Were you guys running Visual Studio for Mac (with Mono 5.x)?

Monday, April 24, 2017 12:53 AM
  • User352 posted

Can you please try calling the 3 parameter init, Init(Context, Bundle, Assembly) where assembly is the assembly with all your resources (normally hte assembly you called Init from)?

Monday, April 24, 2017 8:32 PM
  • User65168 posted

Hello @TheRealJasonSmith I'm trying to invoke the method using 3 parameters, however, by checking this documentation, I'm not sure how to get the Assembly that contains all resources. https://developer.xamarin.com/api/type/System.Reflection.Assembly/

global::Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(this, bundle, AssemblyName);

Assembly Name is coming from System.Reflection

I'm sharing a screenshot of the demo app.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Victor

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:19 PM
  • User65168 posted

Hello @TheRealJasonSmith

Actually, by the help of my friend @JohnMiller I was able to get the Assembly, but even with that change I can say the the same error message is getting when running the app on the Android simulator.

``` using System;

using Android.App; using Android.Content; using Android.Content.PM; using Android.Runtime; using Android.Views; using Android.Widget; using Android.OS; using System.Reflection;

namespace HelloAgain.Droid { [Activity(Label = "HelloAgain.Droid", Icon = "@drawable/icon", Theme = "@style/MyTheme", MainLauncher = true, ConfigurationChanges = ConfigChanges.ScreenSize | ConfigChanges.Orientation)] public class MainActivity : global::Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FormsAppCompatActivity { protected override void OnCreate(Bundle bundle) { TabLayoutResource = Resource.Layout.Tabbar; ToolbarResource = Resource.Layout.Toolbar;

base.OnCreate(bundle);

Assembly assem = typeof(MainActivity).Assembly;
            global::Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(this, bundle, assem);

LoadApplication(new App());
        }
    }

} ```

Any other idea that could help us?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:33 PM
  • User211621 posted

@TheRealJasonSmith said: Can you please try calling the 3 parameter init, Init(Context, Bundle, Assembly) where assembly is the assembly with all your resources (normally hte assembly you called Init from)?

I switched over to Mono 4.x.x instead of 5 and that seems to solve the problem as well.

Friday, April 28, 2017 6:30 AM
  • User217290 posted

@FilipEkberg-1 said:

@TheRealJasonSmith said: Can you please try calling the 3 parameter init, Init(Context, Bundle, Assembly) where assembly is the assembly with all your resources (normally hte assembly you called Init from)?

I switched over to Mono 4.x.x instead of 5 and that seems to solve the problem as well.

Are you using Visual Studio on Windows? How were you able to coordinate that switch? Thanks

Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:13 PM
  • User146630 posted

@FilipEkberg-1 said: I created a new Xamarin Forms project, for Android, and immediately when starting it I get: Stack walks are not supported on this platform.

Got the latest packages off nuget, still the same thing.

Any ideas?

Using Visual Studio for Mac Preview 6 (7.0 build 2740) on Mac OS

I have same problem in Visual studio in Windows at x86_64 emulator

Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:28 PM