none
Microsoft Portable Client Library - MessageContractAttribute isWrapped not defined RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to use Microsoft's Portable Library Tools, to create a common "Portable" project that can be used by both a Windows Phone and Windows Store application.

I've run into trouble with adding a Service Reference to a 3rd party WebService to the portable project. It seems that the Portable Class Library does not support the isWrapped attribute of the MessageContractAttribute class, e.g. if I create the client Stubs directly in a Windows Phone application, the stub looks like this:

[System.ServiceModel.MessageContractAttribute(IsWrapped=false)]
    public partial class ServiceRequest1 {

But in my Portable project, it looks like this, missing the IsWrapped property setting:

[System.ServiceModel.MessageContractAttribute()]
    public partial class ServiceRequest1 {

It seems it can't be set manually either, it just isn't available / undefined. The result is, my Web Service SOAP request has an unwanted wrapper tags around it, causing the server to respond with a malformed request error message.

I'm wondering are there any known workarounds for this? Is there any other way to switch the wrapper off, or does anyone know why the IsWrapped property is not available?

It would be great if I could get this to work.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:04 PM

All replies