Can 120Hz display refresh be set as default in Windows Developer Preview?

Question

• Hi!

Can Windows 8 detect and set the display to 120Hz if it is available? Windows 8 Developer Preview set my lg w2363d to 60hz while 120hz is readily available in the display Properties right after a clean install. So called "3d ready" monitors are getting rave reviews from the improved desktop experience at 120hz. It is as big an upgrade as a new PC. 

Here is a few excerpts for your persuation :)

Wonder in amazement as the 120Hz display produces an easily observable higher fluidity in the animation.
    techreport.com/articles.x/21516

The ASUS VG236H was my first exposure to 120Hz refresh displays that aren’t CRTs, and the difference is about as subtle as a dump truck driving through your living room.
    www.anandtech.com/show/3842/asus-vg236h-review-our-first-look-at-120hz

Doing precise image editing, as another example, is an area where faster display processing times are desirable.
    www.anandtech.com/show/2787

120hz lcd Smoother motion and the lack of RTC artifacts leave a highly positive impression, making you unwilling to return to 60Hz.
    www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/samsung-sm2233rz_5.html

I ran Fraps and found using the display’s 120hz mode that once the framerates were up above 80 there is an amazing solidity and 3d-like quality to the gameplay. Once the framerate hits 100+ – well, the effect has to be experienced to understand it.
    hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1486357&page=4

Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:43 PM