Network issue Registering Key in Data management gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to create a gate way in Azure data factory to load data to Azure SQL data warehouse. But when i am trying to register the new key in the Data Management gateway agent i am getting the below error.

I am doing this in my corporate network . Please let me know what can do to solve this.

Thanks in advance

Friday, December 2, 2016 6:01 AM

Answers

• eu.autheservice.clouddatahub.net is one of the service endpoints gateway will use during registration. There's an ongoing work to consolidate all service endpoints to be behind one IP address per region and suppose to be released by the end of this year. A document will be created for all public DNS names and IP addresses for each region. Stay tuned.

Before that, you could ping these 3 endpoints and add IP addresses into your firewall:

eu.authservice.clouddatahub.net
    eu.frontend.clouddatahub.net
    eu.configuration.dataproxy.clouddatahub.net

Thanks,
    Kurt

• Marked as answer by Eforc Friday, December 23, 2016 7:30 AM
    Friday, December 23, 2016 4:02 AM

All replies

• What's the result if you ping eu.authservice.clouddatahub.net? Is that possible your firewall blocks the host or IP address? Did you see any error in event log (Data Management Gateway)?
    Monday, December 5, 2016 12:40 PM
  • Hi Kurt,

Sorry for the delayed response

eu.authservice.clouddatahub.net is not getting tracked in the backed..

we just opened the firewall as if like an open network and it got registered. But we need to achieve this using some exceptions in the firewall proxy . Can you please suggest me what ip address should i unblock to register the data management gateway wwithinthe firewall.

Thanks

Shekin

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:42 AM
  • eu.autheservice.clouddatahub.net is one of the service endpoints gateway will use during registration. There's an ongoing work to consolidate all service endpoints to be behind one IP address per region and suppose to be released by the end of this year. A document will be created for all public DNS names and IP addresses for each region. Stay tuned.

Before that, you could ping these 3 endpoints and add IP addresses into your firewall:

eu.authservice.clouddatahub.net
    eu.frontend.clouddatahub.net
    eu.configuration.dataproxy.clouddatahub.net

Thanks,
    Kurt

• Marked as answer by Eforc Friday, December 23, 2016 7:30 AM
    Friday, December 23, 2016 4:02 AM
  • Hi Kurt,

I am also facing this similar in issue on my corporate network. I found the below error message in Data Management Gateway event log. Can you please advise on this?

DEBUG: Failed to get the kms token from KMS service, the gateway key is..., and error code is: UnexpectedFault and activityId is: 4d91635c-6981-428a-b58d-3fd2bad899d7.

An error occurred while sending the request. Unable to connect to the remote server A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 104.45.140.139:443

Regards

Kalairajan S

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:30 AM