none
Seperate SQL server from Biztalk Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed SQL Server and Biztalk Server on the same machine. Now I want to point to Remote SQL Server and so I configured the Biztalk again to point to remote server. In Biztalk Admin Console, there is no host or host instances. Whether I have to create again? or I can import the data from BiztalkMgmtDB? 

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:22 AM

Answers

• The easiest thing would be to re-create them. You can re-point, but it can get a bit tricky.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Laxme Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to create them again. Importing the data from BizTalkMgmtDB may corrupt databse as the adm_ tables are knitted together with other tables and also with SSO database.

Best Regards, Vishnu
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:51 AM
  • Is ther ea specific reason you need to re-point? If space is an issue, just move the database files. If you need to re-point the connections then the easiest way would be to recreate them. Otherwise you will have to move the tables and then re-point.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:24 PM
  • Hi, 

Yes. As we are getting Out-of-Memory errors, we are separating SQL server from Biztalk. 

I tried Importing the data (BiztalkMgmtDb) from previous SQL Server, but failed to import. 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/62e17d06-4564-46be-a02a-71aa8d0b6664

Hence, planning to start from the scratch. Created host & host instances.

When I tried to deploy the Solution, I am getting "Application registration failed because the application already exists" error. Please advice.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:37 AM
  • The easiest thing would be to re-create them. You can re-point, but it can get a bit tricky.
    • Marked as answer by Laxme Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:16 PM