none
Hand movement tracking problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am doing this project where i am using hand movement to operate my app. Everything is working fine except that my hand cursor doesn't move all over the screen. Hand cursor moves to a certain extreme as i spread my arms but it does not reach the ends of screen (top, bottom,left or right). I want it to reach the ends of the screen as I move my hand  while standing in the middle of the play space area of kinect. I don't want to move my whole body to reach either end of the screen.

These are the smoothing parameters I am using in the SkeletonFrame Ready() event handler.

var param = new TransformSmoothParameters
                {
                    Smoothing = 0.95f,
                    Correction = 0.0f,
                    JitterRadius = 0.2f,
                    Prediction = 0.0f,
                    MaxDeviationRadius = 0.5f

};

if I reduce the values of MaxDeviationRadius and JitterRadius, the jittering of the cursor becomes too much, however the movement of the cursor becomes fast.

I don't think I need to share more code, since everything else is working fine. 

It would be great if someone could tell me a solution to my problem.

Thankyou! 

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:40 PM

All replies

• Joint Smoothing does not effect distance travelled on screen. Smoothing is to going to help with Joint jitter. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj131024.aspx

Are you using the interactions library that comes with the SDK? If so, the mapping from the "Physical Interaction Zone" to interactive regions on screen is done for you. The library follows the guidelines posted here:

Kinect for Windows Human Interface Guidelines v1.8.0

If you are doing your own system, then you will have to look at some of the "mouse" tracking systems people have posted on the forum and online.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:37 PM