Trying to create project system - build error referencing ProjectPackage RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, I am new to Visual Studio, so I am hoping there is something simple that I have overlooked.  I followed Walkthrough: Part 1- Creating a Basic Project System (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512961(v=VS.100).aspx).  Creating a project type was successful; however, when I attempted to initialize the project factory, I am encountering a build error:

The type or namespace name 'ProjectPackage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The ProjectPackage.cs file has been successfully linked (at least it appears to be), and it is found in the solution explorer as directed by the walkthrough. Is there something I need to do to reference a linked class?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:25 PM

Answers

• It appears the walkthrough is outdated/incorrect. I changed the namespace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package to Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project and the error was resolved. There were comments at the bottom of the walkthrough indicating the error. Did I mention I was new at this :-P
    Christopher Merry
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:06 PM

All replies

• It appears the walkthrough is outdated/incorrect. I changed the namespace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package to Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project and the error was resolved. There were comments at the bottom of the walkthrough indicating the error. Did I mention I was new at this :-P
    Christopher Merry
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:06 PM
  • Hi Chris,

I'm glad to know you have figured it out. Your feedback is very importment to us. Many thanks you have already left the comment in MSDN page.

I will also send this note via internal way.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:56 AM