Workaround or Alternative to Firefox/Chrome automation ? RRS feed

• Question

• While waiting for CodedUI solution for Firefox 4+ and chrome, I'd like to know if anyone came up with an alternative solution, and would like to share it here. I was looking into Selenium, but it only supports up to Firefox 7. I'd like to be able to not create a completely separate code for each browser (maintenance nightmare). But would not mind to do that if I really have to.
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 4:51 PM

Answers

• Jose Mulia,

I recently worked on a project where I needed to automate a Silverlight Web App and found it impossible with Coded UI, I had to opt for Telerik Test Studio's Automation tool http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/free-testing-framework.aspx as an alternative.  I recall when using it that you could specify which browser you wanted your test to execute on, so this may be exactly what you are looking for.

Supported Browsers: 

• Internet Explorer (7.x, 8.x, 9.x) +
    • Firefox (4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x) +
    • Safari for Windows (5.x) +
    • Chrome (6.x) +

-Paul

Friday, August 3, 2012 3:58 PM

All replies

• Do you know if FF4 and Chrome support is coming?
    Friday, August 3, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Jose Mulia,

I recently worked on a project where I needed to automate a Silverlight Web App and found it impossible with Coded UI, I had to opt for Telerik Test Studio's Automation tool http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/free-testing-framework.aspx as an alternative.  I recall when using it that you could specify which browser you wanted your test to execute on, so this may be exactly what you are looking for.

Supported Browsers: 

• Internet Explorer (7.x, 8.x, 9.x) +
    • Firefox (4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x) +
    • Safari for Windows (5.x) +
    • Chrome (6.x) +

-Paul

Friday, August 3, 2012 3:58 PM
  • Thanks for the info. I was looking for that option as well. But FF7 is "old" (i put quotes for reason you've probably already know). The requirement given to us is that we need to use the latest FF (like version 13+) and Chrome.
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:20 PM