none
Language of error log in net applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I created a error log in wcf, But in some operating systems the language of the log is english and in other is spanish.

For instance:

Mapping types:
    AreaSeguimientoRequestDto -> AreaSeguimientoRequest
    Tgs.SDIO.DataContracts.Dto.Request.Trazabilidad.AreaSeguimientoRequestDto -> Tgs.SDIO.Entities.Entities.Trazabilidad.AreaSeguimientoRequest.
    Source: Tgs.SDIO.Util.Error.Logging.NLog.NLogLogging.LogError.
    Linea: 51.
    Stacktrace: ThreadBehavior.CleanThreadCallback => Wrapper.Resume => MessageRpc.Process => MessageRpc.ProcessError => ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage8 => ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage9 => ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessageCleanup => ErrorBehavior.HandleErrorCommon => ErrorHandler.HandleError => NLogLogging.LogError.
    Exception: AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: Missing type map configuration or unsupported mapping.

The following message is in English: 

AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: Missing type map configuration or unsupported mapping

I would like to know how can I specify the language when I print a log or what does this depend on?

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi..

I understood that language depends of the the language in the webconfig of the web or wcf application... 

If I put language spanish in the webconfig the errors will be in spanish, but without language the app will use the language of the SO.

• Marked as answer by neonash Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:26 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, your issue seems to be about WCF development and since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, we will help you move this to the appropriate forum to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Xiu Li

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:34 AM
  • Hi Neonash,

Per your description,

>>But in some operating systems the language of the log is english and in other is spanish.

While only I find the Spanish in the error details are some class names and namespaces, I think the automapper library error details may base on your operating system culture settings of the language.

What I really want to know is how do you log the error details?  so that I could understand your problem clearly and give you an effective reply.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards

Abraham
    Friday, September 7, 2018 1:08 AM
  • Hi..

I understood that language depends of the the language in the webconfig of the web or wcf application... 

If I put language spanish in the webconfig the errors will be in spanish, but without language the app will use the language of the SO.

• Marked as answer by neonash Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:26 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:26 AM