none
SDLTM.exe Error: 0 : Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio... RRS feed

• General discussion

• The SDL TMT *used* to run on my system, but I've done a lot since then; trying to tace the specific cause of the below error is a bit beyond me).

Anyway, the tool will no longer launch (under any user context) and provides the error below so here I am (System: Windows 7 (x86) / Visio 2010 Professional):

---------

"SDLTM.exe Information: 0 : The tool encountered a serious problem and needs to close. Verify that Microsoft Visio 2007 or 2010 is installed. You can report this problem by posting the threat model you were working on, description of what you were doing at the time, and the file

D:\Users\normaluser\AppData\Local\Temp\sdltm\sdltm.log

at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sdlprocess/threads/."

---------

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the tool and Visio 2010 Professional.  Another system with the same "base configuration" (i.e. same platform/paths/software) runs fine (well, obviously it isn't exactly the same). Log file shows:

---------

SDLTM.exe Information: 0 : Starting application, time: Wednesday, 24 October 2012 11:51:41 a.m.
        Timestamp=1025209295327
    SDLTM.exe Information: 0 : Version = 3.1.8.0
        Timestamp=1025209295834
    SDLTM.exe Information: 0 : Build Write Date = 17/08/2011 5:53:36 p.m.
        Timestamp=1025209296871
    SDLTM.exe Information: 0 : Build Create Date = 17/08/2011 5:53:36 p.m.
        Timestamp=1025209297093
    SDLTM.exe Information: 0 : The tool encountered a serious problem and needs to close. Verify that Microsoft Visio 2007 or 2010 is installed. You can report this problem by posting the threat model you were working on, description of what you were doing at the time, and the file

D:\Users\normaluser\AppData\Local\Temp\sdltm\sdltm.log

at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sdlprocess/threads/.
        Timestamp=1025224298933
    SDLTM.exe Error: 0 : Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'
       at SDLTM.UI.Model.ModelControl..ctor()
       at SDLTM.FormMain..ctor()

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = company\normaluser
    LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c
     (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    Calling assembly : SDLTM, Version=3.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\SDL Threat Modeling Tool\SDLTM.exe.Config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Plugins/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Plugins/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Plugins/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft/SDL Threat Modeling Tool/Plugins/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.EXE.
    , Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
        Timestamp=1025224317965
    SDLTM.exe Error: 0 : StackTrace:    at SDLTM.UI.Model.ModelControl..ctor()
       at SDLTM.FormMain..ctor()
        Timestamp=1025224318516

---------

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:37 PM

All replies

• Never mind - it maps to the version 14 (2010) instances.  I found those binaries in the GAC and copied over to the SDL tool's directory (why it doesn't look in the system's local cache is a mystery).
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:21 AM