none
Really need help setting vs2015 framework to work with asp. RRS feed

• Question

• Coming from a Web Forms background, I'm really confused with how to get the ASP templates to show up.

There is no dialog to select what kind of web application you want(Web Forms, Empty, MVC, etc..). I tried the ASP Dynamic Data Template, 1 of only 2 Web templates I have, but it throws an error straight out of the box when running. It appears I need to create a database first.

I'm really looking for some help to get started in this framework version. I have screen shots of my installed apps and template paths but this page is now allowing me to post them.

Thanks

Sunday, February 5, 2017 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Dear,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>but this page is now allowing me to post them

If you want to post screenshot or links here, please ask for a requirement in Verify Your Account 37 to verify your account.

For your question, please go to Control Panel, right click the VS and choose ‘Change’—‘Repair’ or ‘Modify’, check if you installed the Microsoft Web Developer Tools:

Normally, once it is installed, when you create a new web project, the templates you want will show as below:

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 8:41 AM