Launch IE with high integrity level RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I would like to know how one can launch IE process with high IL from low integrity IE process ? The problem is that my ActiveX control can work only with high integrity level (protected mode off) . How can one launch (over user permission of couse) an IE process with "Protected Mode off" from low IL ?

When user navigates to Trusted zone a new IE process is launched with high IL (protected mode off). Does anyone know how in this case IE with low IL launches IE with high IL ? I need to do the same thing skipping the trusted zone routine.

Thanks for any advice.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:27 PM

All replies

• That would be an enormous security hole. You should rearchitect your ActiveX control to function correctly in a low-rights environment.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:33 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I am still not sure why should it be concerned as a security hole if it will ask for user authorization to launch high IL IE ? When user goes to a trusted zone a low IL IE warns the user about switching of zones. These two cases seem more or less the same to me. The difference in my case is that I want to automate things and not make the user to write each time a new URL in trusted list to use my ActiveX. This ActiveX needs high IL by design.

Another question: is there a way to add a URL to trusted zone programmatically ? (again with notification to user)

Thanks for any advice.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:23 AM