Can I use SharePoint foundation services to create on premises for SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have SharePoint Online subscription and we are using for enterprise. now i want setup on Premises SharePoint 2013 environment to integrate various systems like SAP, CRM etc.

Now I want to know whether Sharepoint 2013 Foundation is enough or i have to take SharePoint 2013 enterprise edition.

Kindly Suggest me on same.

Kapil

Friday, August 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Kaps,

You must have the SharePoint "Enterprise Server" or "Standard Server" to use the SAP and CRM on your on-premise server.

You cannot replicate the SharePoint online environment with your on-premise server set up on this case.

And also you should create the connection between your on-premise (where you configured your SharePoint to talk with SAP or CRM) and SharePoint online.(Office 365-E 3 or E4).

From this link

https://Office365tenant-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/bdc/TA_ViewAppConnections.aspx

Murugesa Pandian.,SharePoint 2010 - MCPD | MCTS-Configure|

• Edited by Murugesa Pandian Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, August 22, 2014 9:18 AM
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi

regarding SharePoint and CRM intergration you need at least SharePoint Server 2013

- more details here

regarding SAP

check this similar post

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Friday, August 15, 2014 7:32 PM
  • Thanks Romeo for response. my question is whether SharePoint foundation services is enough or we have to go for SharePoint Server.  

if SharePoint foundation services is not enough then can u suggest me some reason why its not enough

Thanks in Advance.

Kaps

Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:16 AM
  • Hi Kaps,

You must have the SharePoint "Enterprise Server" or "Standard Server" to use the SAP and CRM on your on-premise server.

You cannot replicate the SharePoint online environment with your on-premise server set up on this case.

And also you should create the connection between your on-premise (where you configured your SharePoint to talk with SAP or CRM) and SharePoint online.(Office 365-E 3 or E4).

From this link

https://Office365tenant-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/bdc/TA_ViewAppConnections.aspx

Murugesa Pandian.,SharePoint 2010 - MCPD | MCTS-Configure|

• Edited by Murugesa Pandian Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, August 22, 2014 9:18 AM
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:39 AM