none
DPC CPU Usage - Windows 7 vs Windows Embedded Standard 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I work for a small company which sells computer vision equipment. They have an industrial camera connected to the LAN port on a PC. We are currently using Windows 7.
    Recently, I have tested our software with Windows Embedded Standard 7, and I have noticed a decrease in the performance of the equipment. In order to find out the problem, I have used Windows Performance Toolkit. I have noticed that, with Windows 7, the DPC CPU Usage is shared between the 2 cores of the CPU, but with the Embedded edition, all the DPCs are managed by the same core. I guess that this is what is causing the decrease in the performance.
    The problem is, that I do not know how to change this. Is there any setting, command or something, that could help me?

Thanks in advenced
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:52 PM

All replies

• Is it possible that your WES7 does not support multi-processing? Do you see multiple CPUs in task-manager? If "Device Manager" is part of your system, do you see "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" (or similar) under "Computer"?

Willi K.

Friday, November 29, 2013 8:47 AM
  • You can also try the profiler from CpuProfiler.com . We recently started using it to profile our WinCE6 and Windows embedded Compact 7 devices we use on our tractors and combines. The profiler itself has a load of less than 1% CPU, and all the reports about CPU usage per process and threads are automatically generated for us. 
    Friday, January 10, 2014 5:36 AM