Problem associating MSDN Subscription with Live ID Account RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having difficulty associating our company MSDN Subscription with my Live ID Account.

I went to the MSDN site, logged in with my Live ID and on the "My Account" page I get "We don't show any MSDN Subscriptions that are linked to your current Windows Live ID. If you have your subscription details (Subscriber ID or Benefit Access Number, name, and email) then you can activate your account to start using your subscription benefits."

I then clicked on "activate your account" and filled the form with the information exactly (copy/paste) as I see it on MPN (partners.microsoft.com).

When I clicked "Ok" I got a message: "Unrecognized Subscription Data" "The data that you have provided could not be located in our system."

I then called the "Customer Service Center" number for my country and the person who I talked to tried to guide me through the MSDN site. After a while we came to the conclusion that he was seeing different things on the same page and so he told me he would contact me by email the day after. He emphasized that he could only email me the day after. I didn't understand why, but didn't complain.

This was Jan 17th 2011.

The day after, because I haven't received any email I voluntarily sent an email to MSDNIC@eu.subservices.com explaining my situation. I never received an answer to this email!

So, what do I need to do to resolve my issue?

Thank you.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:51 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry you didn't receive better support here Joao.  

Please contact me directly by finding the 'Site Feedback' link at the bottom of the Activate Your Account page.  This form will put an email in my inbox and I'll be able to work with you directly.

Since you're dealing with the MPN site, there may be some problem between the MPN side of things and the MSDN side of things.  Regardless, I'll help you get to the bottom of it.

Be sure to include your account information (first, last, email and Subscriber ID) that you have from MPN so I can look it up, and if you could share in that feedback your Windows Live ID Email Address that would help as well.

Looking forward to working with you.

Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:45 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry you didn't receive better support here Joao.  

Please contact me directly by finding the 'Site Feedback' link at the bottom of the Activate Your Account page.  This form will put an email in my inbox and I'll be able to work with you directly.

Since you're dealing with the MPN site, there may be some problem between the MPN side of things and the MSDN side of things.  Regardless, I'll help you get to the bottom of it.

Be sure to include your account information (first, last, email and Subscriber ID) that you have from MPN so I can look it up, and if you could share in that feedback your Windows Live ID Email Address that would help as well.

Looking forward to working with you.

Mike

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:45 PM
  • Thank you Mike for your quick answer.

I'll try to contact you directly as you said.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:56 PM
  • you know i have got this problem too. i cant find my live ID. who can help us guys...
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:40 AM
  • Vohid,

You'll probably need to go through the activation steps again that you did when you first got your subscription.  Please contact MSDN Subscriptions Customer Service for further assistance: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa948875.aspx

Thanks,
    Mike

Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:01 PM