SQLite database shared between Windows Phone 8.1 Application and Background Tasks

Question

• Is it possible to share a database between a Windows Phone 8.1 Application and Background Tasks? So far I haven't had much luck getting anything to work.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 3:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Plagueczar,

If you cannot get it working in background task, I would recommend use persistent storage to share data between the background task and the app. When you app resumes, find the
    storage file and then sync data to the sqlite. Please see more information in Background
    task checklist section in the following link. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/Hh977051.aspx.

If you still have questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Plagueczar,

If you cannot get it working in background task, I would recommend use persistent storage to share data between the background task and the app. When you app resumes, find the
    storage file and then sync data to the sqlite. Please see more information in Background
    task checklist section in the following link. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/Hh977051.aspx.

If you still have questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:28 AM
  • It should be possible and I believe many people successfully do so. What problems did you have?

If you need help you need to explain what exactly you are doing and provide details of the problems.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:09 AM
    Owner
  • It should be possible and I believe many people successfully do so. What problems did you have?

If you need help you need to explain what exactly you are doing and provide details of the problems.

Nothing specific, I just found it extremely difficult to configure the Solution/Projects and get it building. For now, I've gone with Herro wong's solution, but I think this sort of thing might make for extremely valuable example project for a lot of new WP developers.

Cheers.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:11 AM