XP,Windows server 2003 compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having the problem of too much time taken by XP (about 5 mins) to login to the domain, where the domain controller is Windows server 2003 enterprise edition.
    while when I logged in from Windows 2000 server it was normal.

• the problem is not all XP pcs are showing the same delay where from some laptop it was normal also.
    • is it default that Windows XP takes more time to login through Windows server 2003 in a domain environment than the Windows 2000 server does?
    Thanks for interest.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 3:46 PM

All replies

• post the question at technet forums http://forums.microsoft.com/Technet .  This is more of architecture forum and technet is the forums focused on IT Pro resolutions.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:05 PM
  • Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:35 PM
  •  Eng.Ahmed wrote:
     Eng.Ahmed wrote:
    • I'm having the problem of too much time taken by XP (about 5 mins) to login to the domain, where the domain controller is Windows server 2003 enterprise edition.
    while when I logged in from Windows 2000 server it was normal.

• the problem is not all XP pcs are showing the same delay where from some laptop it was normal also.
    • is it default that Windows XP takes more time to login through Windows server 2003 in a domain environment than the Windows 2000 server does?
    Thanks for interest.

Great thanks Mr. GajaKannan,

but I've already found the reason behind that, when I checked the IP settings the DNS field was empty, so when I filled the DNS server address all things went OK, Regards.

Friday, December 12, 2008 5:42 PM