none
Getting logged in user Project Server Credential in MS Project Add IN to pass in PSI call. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have  developed a MSProject Addin  using VSTO and I am facing issue in calling Project Server PSI services through it. I need to pass the logged in user credentials of Project professional but didn't find a way to get it.

I tried Using Application.UserName but it returns only the username but to call PSI we need both username and password. I also tried with Default credentials but in that case it searches Windows credential manager , if any authenticated user found of logged in domain then call is successful and if there is no user  present of the domain then gives Unauthentication  error.

So, please suggest a way how can I carry out authentication process for calling my PSI services  using the actual user who had logged in to project professional.

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Supriya,

VSTO provides only the "skeleton" (Visual Studio template) for creating an Add-in. It does nothing else with the Project application. For project issue, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Reference: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=project2010custprog

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:48 AM