none
The POP3 adapter could not establish a secure session with the server RRS feed

• Question

• I am using POP3 adapter to receive the email message using POP3 protocol and SSL and port 995. But the POP3 adapter is unable to connect to the mail server. It is giving the following error:

The adapter "POP3" raised an error message. Details "The POP3 adapter could not establish a secure session with the server. This could be due to the following reasons:
     1) The server listening on the supplied POP3 port does not support SSL.
     2) The POP3 server name does not match the machine name in the SSL certificate.
     3) The SSL certificate of POP3 server is either expired or not valid.
     URL: POP3://juice-ex-ht.juice-energy.local#juice-energy\intervaldata-dev
     Error: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. ".

I also tried to connect to the exchange server using outlook express and POP3 protocol with the same settings but I get the following warning box:

"The server you are connecting to is using a security certificate that could not be verified.

A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider."

but if I click on Yes button outlook allowed me to download the emails.

Also when I am trying to access the site using Internet Explorer by simply typing https://<exchange server site> I am getting security warning 'The site name doesn't match with the name on the certificate.'

Can any provide a pointer towards :

1. What do I need on the client machine to establish secure POP3 channel.

2. I can't access the exchange server machine because the client has not given me access to exchange server. In this case what should I suggest him to do?

3. How the server certificate is validated on the client machine?

Thursday, July 5, 2007 3:26 PM

Answers

All replies