Calendar Control Query RRS feed

• Question

• User-1501864344 posted

I'm in the process of developing a bilingual page that lists events. As part of this page I am using the calendar control. All works great apart from the Month display in the title of the Calendar. Instead of displaying 'January', 'February', etc I need them to display their French equivalents. Is there I way to do some kind of simple replace on the title to display the Month in the right language.

Thanks

Monday, February 16, 2009 5:58 AM

Answers

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

From your description, it seems that you want to achieve localization for .net calendar control, right?

Calendar.NET Control supports easy localization. All you have to do is to set appropriate locale for the page or whole application to localize Calendar. All month and week names will be displayed in that language. Will will start on appropriate week day, for example it will start on Monday for German Locale and on Sunday for US locale. Locale can also be auto selected based on user browser settings. For example if user preffered language is Spanish, calendar will be rendered in Spanish language.

For samples and codes, see:

http://demo.mediachase.com/calendar.net/Localization/Localization.aspx

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:44 PM

All replies

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

From your description, it seems that you want to achieve localization for .net calendar control, right?

Calendar.NET Control supports easy localization. All you have to do is to set appropriate locale for the page or whole application to localize Calendar. All month and week names will be displayed in that language. Will will start on appropriate week day, for example it will start on Monday for German Locale and on Sunday for US locale. Locale can also be auto selected based on user browser settings. For example if user preffered language is Spanish, calendar will be rendered in Spanish language.

For samples and codes, see:

http://demo.mediachase.com/calendar.net/Localization/Localization.aspx

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:44 PM
  • User-1501864344 posted

Thats great, thanks very much for your help.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:13 AM