none
Can there be two devicemetadata information for same device? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Consider a scenario where I have two V4 drivers developed for a device(MFP) one as a fax driver and one as printer driver.

Is this possible?

I tried creating two devicemetadata for same Device ID and found that it always reflected the latest copied metadata.

Can we override this?

Regards,

Amrut

Amrut.s.a

Monday, August 22, 2016 7:31 AM

Answers

• that is special for printing that  you have a metro and win32 driver for the same device. you can only have one metadata package applied to the device.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:14 PM
  • I don't know and can't commit to future work until it is announced. if it is something you want the feature team to add, please communicate that to Microsoft product support or your Microsoft contact on the printing team (if you have them)

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:02 PM

All replies

• since it is an MFP and it sounds like you are targeting each of the child, why not target the metadata at each of the child device's IDs?

Monday, August 22, 2016 6:27 PM
  • Thank you.

But can I have two drivers with different printing preferences(Metro) for each driver, for the same child device-id.

For Eg: I have one v4 driver for a print job(Printer driver).

And another v4 driver for a fax job(Fax Driver).

Both the v4 driver target for the same child device ID.

Regards,

Amrut

Amrut.s.a

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:28 AM
  • that is special for printing that  you have a metro and win32 driver for the same device. you can only have one metadata package applied to the device.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Thank you.

I wanted to know if Microsoft will support the ability to have two device (v4 driver) metadata for same device in the near future?

As our company has two different branches working on fax and printer driver separately.

It will help us plan the development accordingly.

P.S. I heard that many companies have already requested Microsoft for the same.

Regards,

Amrut

Amrut.s.a

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:45 AM
  • Hi Doron Holan,

It would be very helpful if you could tell me if Microsoft will ever support more than one DeviceMetaData for the same Device ID. 

It will help us plan v4 development accordingly.

Regards,

Amrut

Amrut.s.a

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:01 AM
  • I don't know and can't commit to future work until it is announced. if it is something you want the feature team to add, please communicate that to Microsoft product support or your Microsoft contact on the printing team (if you have them)

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:02 PM