none
why won't my list page break - ever??? RRS feed

• Question

•  Ive got a report that is going to be used as a pupil's report. I've got the master report set up, and a sub report that takes an ID parameter from the master report of the pupil's ID number.

I've created a 'one page per pupil' report before, and this worked great. I have a correctly sized page, with a list in it, which contains name etc, and the sub-report.  I set the list the full size of the report body, and set it to page break at the end. So in theory, it should be one list 'item' per actual page. the reports are for print, so I'm looking to export to pdf. The one per page report works great.

I now have a larger report to create, where I want 'two pages per pupil'. The subreport sorts out most of the reports content, which will be just under two pages, so all i need to do is set my list to page break. I've done this, and it just won't insert a page break at all. The report just flows, so page 2 of the report contains the top part of what should be page 3, the second 'item' in the list.

I've tried page break before, and after the list, and a combination of both, and it just doesn't break. It carries on as if I'd set nothing. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Thanks

Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:51 PM

Answers

• I only fixed it didnt i! ....

I had a group on the list, the pupilID, I then went to listr properties, list group detail button (on general tab) and set page break at end there too.

I don't know why it wasn't breaking before, but I don't really care now it works!

Friday, November 16, 2007 11:40 AM