Delayed Metrics in Developer Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all. In the first couple months of our app's publication in the education category, we have been enjoying timely reports of usage, downloads, etc. Typically they came in around 1PM EST and I could review the previous day's ratings etc. Recently it has taken an extra day for the report to populate, and now the delay has increased! It's currently the 21st, so I would expect information up to and including the 19th, and then an update later today with information on the 20th. But I only have information up to the 18th.

Has anyone else encountered this? Rapid feedback is really important to development. I'm not excessively upset, just a little disappointed and curious about whether I'm the only one.

Ray

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:43 PM

Answers

• The data shown on the reports might be delayed by 24 to 48 hours. However, at times we do encounter some unavoidable issues, due to which we encounter staleness beyond this period or encounter cases where trendlines drop to zero. We are working on making the experience better as days go by.

- AG.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:47 PM

All replies

• We have encountered an issue in our reporting system which is preventing the latest data refresh. Note that this is a reporting error and that the actual app downloads are not affected. You will see resolution to this issue soon. 

- AG.

• Proposed as answer by NelsonCarrillo Monday, January 21, 2013 9:24 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 5:44 PM
  • Any ETA on this? My data is about 4 days old now.

http://www.refractored.com

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:30 AM
  • Could we please get an ETA on when this could be resolved?
    • Edited by p055ible Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:46 AM
  • This should be fixed and the data for 19th should be available now. Rest days' (20th and 21st Jan) data is also being processed and should be available shortly.

- AG.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:50 PM
  • My app was released on February 19th and I saw downloads and my first purchase on the 22nd. I am also using MarkedUp analytics within my app for rich error reporting and usage metrics. Both MarkedUp and the Developer Dashboard show 11 downloads and one trial conversion on the 22nd. However after that the data from the two services differs greatly. The Developer Dashboard only has data through the 24th, while MarkedUp shows encouraging download activity up to the present. But the most troubling thing is that MarkedUp shows trial conversions (full app purchases) every day since the 22nd, while the Developer Dashboard only shows the first purchase on the 22nd.

The majority of the app purchases so far are from non-US users. Is there a delay in processing international orders? Or is the Developer Dashboard just not showing current data?

The MarkedUp data shows downloads and purchases every day since the 19th, but the Developer Dashboard doesn't show anything more than the one purchase on the 22nd. Furthermore, the Developer Dashboard doesn't show ANY data beyond the 24th. Then today I see that the *average* App downloads and App purchases are both zero. 3,471 downloads on the 24th, and zero on the 25th, and no data at all after that. Hmm...

Is the Developer Dashboard broken?

Thaine Norris

Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:40 AM
  • I am also facing same issue. And yes, also can see 0 *average* downloads on 25th Feb.

Dashboard is broken :(

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:18 AM
  • Can someone at Microsoft clarify the data latency in the Developer Dashboard? Is there an update schedule we can depend on?

The day after I posted my observations (two posts above) the data was updated to include February 27th. But now, on March 2nd, the data is still showing February 27th as the latest. Also, while app purchases are shown for February 27th, they are not included in the app proceeds totals.

I am seeing this for an app in the Photo category.

Thaine Norris

Saturday, March 2, 2013 2:59 PM
  • I have the same issue.

Proceeds totals hangs on february 25th. However it shows purchases for 26th on graph.

The lastest date on graphs february 27th.

Seems there are some problems with dashboard.

Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:49 PM
  • Now the downloads for the average top 5 in the subcategory are zero again.

Can someone from Microsoft please comment on this?

Thaine Norris

Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:14 AM
  • Have the same problem - regular sales as of a week ago, no sales at all as far Dashboard is concerned for the last 6 days. Really frustrating...

Review Horizon

Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:38 AM
  • yup my downloads are stuck at 28th but my app proceeds went up this morning so must have had some more downloads.  Also app certifications have slowed right down since about the same time, my app has stopped working and I issued an update 3 days ago, normally the apps are certified in 48 hours max, but I'm still within the 5 days they state so just have to wait it out.  But people are paying for an app that won't load properly in the meantime! 

Monday, March 4, 2013 6:33 AM
  • We are working on it to get it fixed asap. The issue has occurred in our reporting system which is preventing the latest data refresh. Note this is only reporting error and does not affect actual downloads/purchases numbers.

- AG.

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:23 PM
  • As stated, we are encountering some issues. As a workaround to see the sales numbers, could you try downloading the finance reports?

- AG.

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:25 PM
  • now updated to the 2nd of March for me.  Thanks AG for your responces.

http://sharepointsurfer.wordpress.com/.

Monday, March 4, 2013 10:00 PM
  • Anand,

Thank you for working on this. Could you please explain what the update cycle is? Is it daily, every 48 or 72 hours? Or is it random? It would be great to know what to expect so as not to worry if the dashboard falls behind.

Best regards

Thaine Norris

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:23 PM
  • The data shown on the reports might be delayed by 24 to 48 hours. However, at times we do encounter some unavoidable issues, due to which we encounter staleness beyond this period or encounter cases where trendlines drop to zero. We are working on making the experience better as days go by.

- AG.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Since last 3 weeks, I am facing same problem my app has 10 reviews but dashboard showing zero downloads.

Please help me, totally disappointed.  :(

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:27 AM
  • I am facing the same problem. first 2 days my app had 1000 downloads and on 3rd onward dashboard showing 0.

Also, I have uploaded new app , It has 10 reviews But still downloads and purchases are shown zero.

What should we do??

MS are really taking our issues seriously???

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:32 AM