VS2017 Cross Platform Xamarin Forms Development RRS feed

• Question

• I have a cross platform application I am working on which each device platform connects to a WCF service to get specific information from a database. We only want our service connecting to the database, not the apps. This information needs to be passed to the UI's and I am having a hard time with it. 

My Solution looks like the following:

Most of my work is done in the Android project now and the Service project. As of right now everything is working fine and I can call on my service and get requested information from my MainAcitvity class in the Android project. So at this point, I need to send the data to the xaml pages in order to add to controls and display to users.

Shared Project looks like this:

I am not finding a way to do this yet. Any help would be appreciated. 

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:58 PM

Answers

• Got it working!

Used a DependecyService to get data from a specific device project to the Xamarin Forms shared project.. I will be using MessagingCenter to pass data between Xamarin Forms

• Marked as answer by brown71576 Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:36 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi brown71576,

You posted your question in a forum for Windows CE Development so I have moved it to the general VS forum in hopes that someone here can address your question.  Please also note that Xamarin has it's own forums at https://forums.xamarin.com/

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 9:30 PM
  • Got it working!

Used a DependecyService to get data from a specific device project to the Xamarin Forms shared project.. I will be using MessagingCenter to pass data between Xamarin Forms

• Marked as answer by brown71576 Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:36 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:36 PM