Linker failure using FirebasePushNotificationPlugin RRS feed

• Question

• User141 posted

I am using the FirebasePushNotificationPlugin for both iOS and Android. I can successfully build my iOS app and it runs fine and handles push notifications. However when I try to archive the app for publication the linker fails as some Firebase related symbols are missing. How can I get the linker to find the symbols.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 4:13 PM

Answers

• User141 posted

The problem turned out to be that I was building for ARMv7+ARMv7s+ARM64. If I remove the ARMv7s architecture then the link was sussessful. It seems that some part of the Firebase objects does not support ARMv7s.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, February 2, 2020 2:54 PM

All replies

• User369979 posted

When we test the project on emulators the linker behavior is Don't Link by default. However, when it changed to real device the default setting is Link Framework SDKs Only. The third party plugins may be skipped when using this behavior. Try to follow this documentation to preserve the assemblies from linking: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/linker?tabs=macos#skipping-assemblies

Friday, January 31, 2020 8:49 AM
  • User141 posted

The problem turned out to be that I was building for ARMv7+ARMv7s+ARM64. If I remove the ARMv7s architecture then the link was sussessful. It seems that some part of the Firebase objects does not support ARMv7s.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, February 2, 2020 2:54 PM