Visual Studio 2010 - Generate test report for coded ui test RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Visual studio-2010 for writing coded Ui test and want to generate html report using some custom logger text. Is there any plugin of format available?

I found that Visual studio-2012 generate default html report
    but, can't update that report.

Monday, November 21, 2016 4:24 PM

All replies

• Hi DMThakrar,

According to your description, we could enable the coded UI test results with setting EqtTraceLevel property in QTAgent32_40.exe.config file, please refer to the following MSDN document.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj159363.aspx

>>I'm using Visual studio-2010 for writing coded Ui test and want to generate html report using some custom logger text. Is there any plugin of format available?

As far as I know, there is no third party plugin that could convert test result form .trx to html report in VS2010 coded Test. And we could not custom the Html report in current VS2015. And I have submitted a user voice about custom coded UI test result with the following link, you could vote and comment it.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/16895044-customize-coded-ui-test-results

But VS2010 not support html report for coded UI.

>>I found that Visual studio-2012 generate default html report but, can't update that report.

We could not update the report, because each time we run the test, there is a test results folder will be created, so there will be a new UITestActionLog.html created after each running.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Monday, November 28, 2016 10:05 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:25 AM