Skipped XX frames! The application may be doing too much work on its main thread. RRS feed

• Question

• User398674 posted

I'm building an app with master detail design and i have around 8 pages. Most of the pages just have a few labels and entry. First of all I don't know why its showing much work done on main thread. If so, how can I reduce the task on main thread? Thanks in advance!!

Friday, December 25, 2020 12:30 PM

All replies

• User379860 posted

Based on your error message, What this means is that your code is taking long to process and frames are being skipped because of it, It maybe because of some heavy processing that you are doing at the heart of your application or DB access or any other thing which causes the thread to stop for a while. And If you have lots big image or resource files size is too big, it will have this warning.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14678593/the-application-may-be-doing-too-much-work-on-its-main-thread

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A! For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

Friday, December 25, 2020 1:14 PM