VS2008 Project in Expression Blend - project is not supported by MSBuild and cannot be built. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VS2008 sln w/ 2 projects - one dll and one with XAML  files. The project builds and runs in VS2008.
    I just downloaded ExpressionBlend 3 and opened the sln.
    When I build the dll project I get - the project xxx is not supported by MSBuild and cannot be built.

Is MSBuild in Expression Blend 3 not the same MSBuild in VS2008?

Any one with ideas to get this to work?

Saturday, December 5, 2009 4:40 AM

Answers

• It could well do I just don't know for sure. The other thing is and this is little more than guessing but others on this forum have had problems if the build wasn't done for "any cpu" (rather than 64 bit or x86). 
    • Marked as answer by pkzOR Wednesday, December 9, 2009 8:45 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:31 PM
  • Changing the sln build to "any cpu" took care of it, but then I changed it back to x86 and it all still works.
    Thanks

• Marked as answer by pkzOR Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:35 AM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:35 AM

All replies

• Does the dll contain managed code and is of the type class library?

Saturday, December 5, 2009 9:41 AM
  • Yes, the dll is output type:Class Library of managed code. However, the build does have the Allow unsafe code settings checked.
    Is that the issue?
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 7:52 PM
  • It could well do I just don't know for sure. The other thing is and this is little more than guessing but others on this forum have had problems if the build wasn't done for "any cpu" (rather than 64 bit or x86). 
    • Marked as answer by pkzOR Wednesday, December 9, 2009 8:45 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:31 PM
  • Changing the sln build to "any cpu" took care of it, but then I changed it back to x86 and it all still works.
    Thanks

• Marked as answer by pkzOR Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:35 AM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:35 AM
  • Hi Pete, Glad this resolved the issue - I would be grateful if you could mark my reply as the answer as you accidently marked your own reply - thanks. Andrew
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:08 AM