none
system is restarting when it is connected to internet because of a virus. how to remove it RRS feed

• Question

• i clicked on a spam link and installed a virus application in my laptop without knowing. the software is always running inside. i think its keylogger and i tried to unistall it. but, it is not there in the programs which were installed in the system. i tried to clean it using an anti virus. but the application deleted the anti\virus itself.. and the system is restarting itself. the first time restarts and goes into safe mode and again restarts into normal mode and again repeats the same thing.. how to remove this hidden virus.. please help me...
    srujan reddy
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:05 AM

Answers

• Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, your question is not suited for the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) Forum.

We address questions related to the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle, the software security assurance development process developed by Microsoft.

Regards,

The SDL Team

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:09 PM

All replies

• Do you have any idea what virus it is?

Try installing an antivirus again, there are several free options available such as antivir or AVG. The virus definitions for these products are updated regularly (daily on average).

If you really can't get rid of it that way, you can try the online solution by Trend Micro. Basically it's an online anti-virus.

Hope this helps!

Dimitri C. - Please mark the replies as answers if they help! Thanks.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:08 AM
  • Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, your question is not suited for the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) Forum.

We address questions related to the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle, the software security assurance development process developed by Microsoft.

Regards,

The SDL Team

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:09 PM